A simple vegan risotto that gets a special taste thanks to the homemade aromatic oil with Chios mastic and garlic
Ingredients (4 perosons)
· 2.5 cloves of garlic
· 100 gr. Extra virgin olive oil with chios mastic
· 160 grricecarnaroli
· 0.50 liters of vegetable broth
· Chilli powder for garnishing
· Lemon zest for garnishing
- Peal of the garlic and remove the green sprouts from the cloves.
- Heat the Chios mastic olive oil up to 60 degrees and add the garlic. Remove from the heat, cover and allow the garlic to evaporate its aroma in the oil overnight.
- The next day, mash with a hand blender until you have a smooth mixture and pour it into ice cubes and refrigerate.
- To make the risotto, heat a saucepan over medium heat, pour the rice and heat it for 2-3 minutes. Add salt and begin to gradually add the vegetable broth, until the rice is cooked. This will take about 15-20 minutes.
5. When it is ready, we put it away of the fire and stir 2-3 ice cubes of the olive oil with garlic. Mix continually until the risotto becomes creamy.
- We share the risotto at the plates, throw a little bit of chilly powder and lemon zest and serve.