Veal cheeks with extra virgin olive oil with goji bery
4 veal cheeks
- 1 celery, cut into large pieces
- 1 onion, cut into large pieces
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 1 laurel leaf
- 230 gr. demi glace
- 1 small carrot, cut into large pieces
- 100 gr. potatoes, in small pieces
- 200 gr. hot milk
- 100 gr. butter
- 1 leek
- frying oil
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
1. Put salt and pepper on the veal cheeks. Heat 4 tablespoons of olive oil with Goji Bery on a saucepan and fry the cheeks well on high heat.
2. Remove from the pan, sprinkle with garlic and herbs. Continue to fry (sauté) until they get color.
3. Preheat the oven at 140 degrees. Put the cheeks in a baking tray and add the vegetables. Cover with demi glace and bake for 4 hours, until the meat is soft and tender.
4. When ready, remove the cheeks from the pan and strainer the sauce, tossing away the vegetables. Check if more salt or pepper is needed.
5. In the meantime, boil the potatoes until soft. Drain and mix with warm milk, butter and a little salt. Whisk with wire until they turn into a smooth mixture.
6. Cut the leek into sticks (julienne). Fry in a fryer at 160 degrees until they become crispy. Take them out to drain on an absorbent paper.
7. To serve, put a little mashed potatoes on each plate, sprinkle with goji bery olive oil, add the meat and sauce over the top. Finally garnish with the leek.